|
6 Replies
|
1 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

3D plot from 1×n(one column) vector.

Posted 5 years ago

Hello guys! I want to Plot 3D figure from a 1×n(column vector) containing numeric data. I have used ListPlot3D but its not working as I need to convert 1×n(column vector) vector into n×n matrix first then i can use the command ListPlot3D[{{x1,y1,z1},{x2,y2,z2},…}]. Please guide me how I can convert first 1×n(column vector) into a matrix of order n×n or is there any other way to get 3D plot in Mathematica. I am very new on Mathematica programming. Need your's help to sort out my problem. Highly Appreciated !

POSTED BY: khan nm
6 Replies

Have you tried dividing your column into triples with Partition[columnVector,3]?

POSTED BY: Gianluca Gorni
Posted 5 years ago

hi this is not the case. Simply i can say that i have a list of form,{a,c,d,...} and i want 3D plot from this list.

Are a,c,d numbers? Where do you expect them to be placed in 3D? Can you give an example?

Posted 5 years ago

Crossposted here.

POSTED BY: Rohit Namjoshi

Maybe you need something like BarChart3D or Histogram3D.

Posted 5 years ago

I have found the answer of my question. Anyway i am happy to share it with you. The problem was to plot a coulmn vector "x11" in 3D across "x1" and "x2" . The snapshot of my code is attached here. Thanks all for their valueable comments here.3D plot of a column vector in mathematica

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract