3 Replies
|
3 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

All Epilog options

Posted 11 years ago
Dear friends:

How could I find all the options for Epilog. I have used it with PolarPlot. When Should I use it?

Thanks,
Ana
POSTED BY: Ana Squadri
3 Replies
From help
gives a list of graphics primitives to be rendered after the main part of the graphics is rendered

So any graphics object you want to show on the plot, after the plot is rendered can be used. It is used to add additional graphics objects to a plot. See help for examples.
POSTED BY: Nasser M. Abbasi
Epilog doesn't have options in the sense that Plot, Style and other functions have options. It allows you to add (actually, overlay, I think) additional graphic elements onto a Plot, ListPlot, etc.  The graphic elements you add have options themselves, however.  For example, Mathematica's documentation for Epilog shows the following example:

If you look in the documentation for Point, you find that it has its own options and properties, and works in its own particular way:

The same will be true for all the functions you use with Epilog.  You can use Epilog to add a list of graphic elements (Epilog->{expression1, expression2, ...}), each of which can be a function with its own options, so it's really about the expressions you use Epilog to add.  I hope this is helpful, and I haven't made the annoying assumption that you know less than you really do.
POSTED BY: George Wolfe
Posted 11 years ago
Thank you for both.
POSTED BY: Ana Squadri
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract