2 Replies
|
1 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

How to solve General Stop?

Posted 11 years ago
Hi all. 

I am in the situation of having a problem that holds me from obtaining my full results. I try to put in my inputs in Table[N[()],{}] command. It runs but it failed to gave me the output since my input is too big/large. At the end of the output, this message pop-out.

N::meprec : Internal precision limit $MaxExtraPrecision = 50.` reached while evaluating (some of my result)
General::stop : Further output of N::meprec will be suppressed during this calculation. ?

what should I do? the program only gives some of the output that I need. How to solve this? It would be appreciate of someone can help me to solve this matter.
POSTED BY: Ain Ariff
2 Replies
The Mathematica GuideBook for Numerics has number of discussions on this. You can google it if you do not have the book. Meanwhile, without more input, you can try
Off[N::"meprec"]
And run the program again and hope for the best.
Or you can try
$MaxExtraPrecision=100;
POSTED BY: Nasser M. Abbasi
Posted 11 years ago
Dear Naseer,

Thank you for the idea. In this case, do I just need type the code after the error?

I found a handbook for Mathematica -- Student's Introduction, but I am not sure that is this solution is in that book. Once again, thank you. I will try to edit my coding later.
POSTED BY: Ain Ariff
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract