3 Replies
|
2 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:
GROUPS:

Comparision of power of sequence of all natural number and the factorial of

Posted 11 years ago
Some time ago I have found correlation between power of natural numbers and factorial.
I do not know if this is a known fact or not, but I would like to know why is this so.
For example if you have a sequence of all natural numbers and you calculate the second, third or any other (n) power of this number, and you afterwards calculate the difference between results and recalculate differences between this results the same time of the given power you get factorial of the n.
Maybe is better if you look at the photos of calculation because English is not my mother language.

etc. it goes on and on

https://www.facebook.com/valter.zikovic/media_set?set=a.10202811116581713.1073741832.1314896407&type=3
POSTED BY: Valter Zikovic
3 Replies
Posted 4 years ago

Same phenomenon occur due to special equation from binomial transform (Ballu Equation).

POSTED BY: Balram Shah
The basic reason is that the n-th derivative of x^n is constant and equal to the factorial of n.
In[2]:= D[x^9, {x, 9}]

Out[2]= 362880

In[3]:= 9!

Out[3]= 362880
Then the observed result is a special case of the mean value theorem for divided differences (Wikipedia) for a polynomial function and equidistant interpolation nodes, after taking into account the relationship between finite differences and divided differences. The proof follows from the Newton-form divided difference representation of the Lagrange interpolating polynomial.
POSTED BY: Ilian Gachevski
Posted 11 years ago

POSTED BY: Valter Zikovic
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract