Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
5 Replies
|
2 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

[?] Visualize European Union without United Kingdom?

Posted 5 years ago

Hi everyone, I am trying to create a map of the European Union, but exclude the UK (thus, the EU after Brexit, if Brexit occurs). The code for mapping the EU was easy enough:

GeoGraphics[
 {EdgeForm[Black], FaceForm[Red], 
  Polygon[EntityClass["Country", "EuropeanUnion"]]}
  ]

Please, however, what do I add to not include the UK? Thank you. Stanley

POSTED BY: Stanley Max
5 Replies
Posted 5 years ago

Great Information.well done

POSTED BY: soni roy
Posted 5 years ago

Hi Sony,

Marco did indeed give great information on my first question as to how to make a geographical map of the European Union without the United Kingdom (in other words, what the EU would look like if Brexit occurs).

But do you or anyone else please know the answer to my other two questions? Just to be clear, I will restate these questions:

Question 1 of 2: What would be the code to generate a map of the EU in a past year, for example 2004?

Question 2 of 2: What would be the code to generate a map of the European Economic Community (EEC)? The EEC came into existence in 1958 following the 1957 Treaty of Rome. The EEC was the predecessor to the EU.

I thank you or anybody who might be so kind as to answer. I need to know how to do this for a PowerPoint presentation that I am preparing on the recent European Parliamentary elections, and I just cannot figure out how to do it.

Stanley

Posted 5 years ago

Hi Marco,

Could I please ask you two last questions on making a Mathematica geographical map. If you don't want to do this, then I promise that I will not disturb you again. But I just cannot figure out how to do this, and I really need these two maps.

Question 1 of 2: What would be the code to generate a map of the EU in a past year, for example 2004?

Question 2 of 2: What would be the code to generate a map of the European Economic Community (EEC)? The EEC came into existence in 1958 following the 1957 Treaty of Rome. The EEC was the predecessor to the EU.

Posted 5 years ago

Hi Marco, Perfect! Just what I needed. Thank you so much. Stanley

Hi,

is this what you need?

GeoGraphics[{EdgeForm[Black], FaceForm[Red], Polygon[DeleteCases[EntityList[EntityClass["Country", "EuropeanUnion"]], Entity["Country", "UnitedKingdom"]]]}]

enter image description here

Cheers,

Marco

POSTED BY: Marco Thiel
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract