|
|
4 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Problems with system of PDE's

I'm working with a system of partial differential equations with Mathematica--the two linearized momentum equations below--and I'm having trouble figuring out how exactly to solve them.

I've tried using DSolve and NDSolve, but I keep running into errors. u and w (velocities) are functions of [t,x] and [t,z] respectively. The problem I'm getting is that Fx, Fz, and p include powers of u and w terms in their definitions and DSolve and NDSolve don't seem to like that. The following definitions are straight from the above paper, consider just the u and x equation:
Fx:=(\[Rho]*B*Cx*u[t,x]*Abs[u[t,x]])/2
Cx:=0.4+(4600/Renx)^2.9
Ren:=(u[t,x]*L)/v
p:=(\[Rho]*u[t,x]^2)/2
Where Rho, B, L, and v are constants:
\[Rho]:=1000
B:=200
L:=.019
v:=1.005*10^-6  
Is there a better way to solve this? Ideally I'd like to include the boundary conditions:
u[t,0]==t
u[0,x]==1.3*E^(x)
I've tried to find advice online and in person, but I've been unsuccessful. Any advice or code would be wicked much appreciated!
POSTED BY: Josh Napolitano
4 Replies
Your definitions of Fx, C, Ren, p don't include their dependence on x and t.  That may be the problem.
POSTED BY: Frank Kampas
I appologize for not clarifying about that. u[t,x] is a velocity that is dependent on functions of t and x.
u[t,x]==T[t]*X[x]
T[t]=t
X[x]=E^x
So a stripped-down example Dsolve looks like:
DSolve[
{D[u[t,x],t]+2*u[t,x]D[u[t,x],x]==Fx,
u[t,x]==T[t]X[x]},u[t,x],{t,x}]
POSTED BY: Josh Napolitano
The definition of Cx contains Renx which isn't defined.  Ren is defined.
Also, your boundary conditions are inconsistent.  u[0,0] is 0 from one and 1.3 from the other.
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract