|
6 Replies
|
5 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Issue activating Wolfram Engine on Windows

Posted 4 years ago

Was excited to learn of the free Developer's access to Wolfram Engine, then disappointed when I couldn't activate the product from Windows (by providing the username and password in the wolframscript terminal). I kept getting a complaint that the username/password was incorrect. I know this is usually user error, but I tried enough times and ways of entering to dismiss that. Then it occurred to me that maybe Wolfram were scrubbing the input in the password field, removing what are in some contexts dangerous characters. I changed my pw to a long alphanumeric instance and the activation worked first time.

POSTED BY: William Isaacs
6 Replies
Posted 3 years ago

For me, the problem was with writing down my password. After I typed in my ID, the command prompt jumps to a new line and requests the password but no matter how many times I tried, it won't type in anything for the password...

POSTED BY: Nahom Merk
Posted 3 years ago

That is by design. Whatever you type is hidden so your password is not revealed. If you have a complex password then copy from your password manager and paste into the terminal.

POSTED BY: Rohit Namjoshi
Posted 3 years ago

Really?! But, the cursor itself is not moving. I tried to copy and paste my password from my google account but no options pop up when you right-click inside the command prompt... Anyway, I am really glad that someone replied to my question on such short notice. I hope you will reply to this one as well!

Posted 3 years ago

You have to use keyboard shortcuts to paste into the terminal window. Control-V on Windows, Command-V on Mac OS.

POSTED BY: Rohit Namjoshi
Posted 3 years ago

Thanks, that worked! Although, I still didn't see anything on the line. So, the command prompt hides the password for security. That's good to know.

Posted 2 years ago

Thanks... changing my password to a strong long one and used it to try activating, worked for me....Thanks again...

POSTED BY: Kunle Ogunsina
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract