Message Boards Message Boards

Package my output in as a json?

Posted 4 years ago

Hello everyone. I have constructed a program which provides an output as a .txt. I have to email this output and the reciever has requested me to send it as a .json instead. I have attempted to simply save the output replacing .txt by .json using export as.

Export["savedWindXPythonJ.json", savedXPython];

However, I recive an error message Export::badval: The element Data contains invalid values.

Is there a way to save the variable to a json any answer is appreciated? I will attach the .txt version.

Regards.

Jaime.

Attachments:
POSTED BY: Jaime de la Mota
2 Replies

Hello Gustavo.

First of all, thanks for your answer.

I am trying to send a mathematical expression readable by pyomo to another person. I have constructed it in Mathematica and then adapted it to Python's grammar as

savedXPython = 
 Import["savedWindX.txt"] // 
  StringReplace[#, {"[" -> "(", "]" -> ")", 
     "t" -> "m.lammda[i]*180/np.pi", "u" -> "m.phi[i]*180/np.pi"}] &

Since I want this to be executed without having to do any work on the file. I have sent it as a txt but it seems that that is causing trouble. That is why I am trying to convert the expression to a way that can be read using pyomo.

Regards. Jaime.

POSTED BY: Jaime de la Mota

You can export a list of rules or an association to JSON, but what you have is a different Mathematica expression (a long formula). Any Mathematica expression can be converted to JSON using the "ExpressionJSON" format:

Export["savedWindXPythonJ.json", savedXPython,"ExpressionJSON"];

I use this to save Mathematica expressions into a JSON based database.

UPDATE: I just noticed that your formula is not even a Mathematica expression. So I don't know what you are trying to do.

POSTED BY: Gustavo Delfino
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract