Share this post:
GROUPS:

My calculus . . . today

Posted 4 years ago

enter image description here

POSTED BY: Roger Wells
5 Replies
Posted 4 years ago

Murray, "Moreover, you are plotting the values of f[x] against {1, 2, 3,4,5}; surely it makes much more sense to plot them against the values of x themselves, which is what I do."

EXACTLY! And also your graph . . .

(Next, I’m going to show the interpretation of f[x] as the area of the corresponding region under the graph of g(t)=cost . First for a fixed value of x. )

actually is the sine curve expected.

Something to work with anyway . . .thanks

Attached is suggestions for improving your SecondFundamentalTheorem notebook. As indicated, corrections and suggestions are in pink- and blue-background cells.

POSTED BY: Murray Eisenberg

Here is a modified notebook with what I think are improvements that take advantage of present-day Mathematica capabilities.

POSTED BY: Murray Eisenberg
Posted 4 years ago

Murray, I do not use the "cloud" and it was a struggle to just copy and paste your code / improvements onto my own offline machine and try it. I also do not run these manipulations very often and quickly delete them. They can be pretty harsh on cheap computers already loaded to the max. But I did run the thing and shur nuff that little blue acceleration went from flatlined and jumped erratically to the expected values. I see you went doubble aa for acceleration and suppose the a[t] was quite impractical. I still find it a circle of sorts. Consider my newest addition to the community jist posted called the Second Fundamental Theorem Thank you and might get back to you on that.

Oh, the slant fraction and Style I was aware off pretty much, but were you cognizant of my point about variable defination and drift about the s being used here ? From the Wolfram Documentation "prints as the expression expr, with expr maintained in an unevaluated form " I am quite certain that when I was constructing this thing typing the s in the command line for the graphics lit up like an assigned variable and using HoldForm made it go black again as unevaluated.

Attachments:
Posted 4 years ago

In the beginning . . .enter image description here

One year ago I posted about Mathcad and Wolfram then more specifically Mathematica. I think myself at least a bit more able to jump in.

Attachments:
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract