Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
3 Replies
|
1 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

[WSG20] Wolfram Language Basics from EIWL (Days 4 and 5)

During week one of the Wolfram Study Group Apr 2020 (WSG20) we are looking at the following topics from Stephen Wolfram's book Elementary Introduction to the Wolfram Language:

Day 3: Chapter 6: Making Tables, Chapter 25: Ways to Apply Functions, Chapter 26: Pure Anonymous Functions

Day 4: Chapter 3: First Look at Lists, Chapter 33: Expressions and Their Structure, Project of the Week:

We are looking at videos from the Wolfram U interactive course on EIWL and also working on simple exercises and mini projects.

Feel free to post questions on the material we covered in these sessions here.

3 Replies

You have to use SetAttributes to make your function Listable as shown in https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/SetAttributes.html

Hello.

First at all, thank you for organise this Wolfram Study Group; I really enjoying it and Rory Fulger explain everything clear.

Nevertheless, Im strugling to complete the graded exercises about Pure Anonymous Functions, Do you have any suggestion or clue to solve this?

"Write a function myListableFun[x_]:=x^2 that will work the same way on a list as Map[#^2&,<list>]."

I know is something about Set Attributes . I have this :

myListableFun[x, x^2] /@ {1, 2, 3, 4}

But doesnt works with this input:

MyListableFun[{list}]

Thanks in advance!

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract