Message Boards Message Boards

GROUPS:

Confused about how causal graph plotting works.

Posted 7 months ago
|
1 Reply
|
0 Total Likes
|

I'm not sure where to post this, but I figured this would be relevant here. I was trying to use the new WolframModel function to try out various universes using Wolfram Cloud. I was plotting the multiway system, including the causal events, but I am having a hard time understanding how it works. If you look at the first code snippet below, the first state has a branch pair, and the first state of the branch pair subsequently branches off into a branch pair and a branch triplet, according to the graph, for a total of 5 states. However, if I try to use the second code snippet, which is essentially using this first branch pair state as the initial condition, I get two branch pairs instead of a branch pair and a branch triplet, which amounts to 4 states vs 5. If I am understanding correctly, these two code snippets should line up with each other, but they do not produce the same results, unless I am misunderstanding something?

Link to output of first code snippet

Link to output of second code snippet

LayeredGraphPlot[MultiwaySystem[WolframModel[{{1,2},{2,1}}->{{3,1},{1,3},{2,3}}],{{0,1},{1,0},{1,2},{2,1}},3,"EvolutionEventsGraph"],VertexSize->1]

LayeredGraphPlot[MultiwaySystem[WolframModel[{{1,2},{2,1}}->{{3,1},{1,3},{2,3}}],{{0,1},{1,0},{1,2},{2,3},{3,2}},2,"EvolutionEventsGraph"],VertexSize->1]

Posted 7 months ago

Investigating the "CausalGraph", "StatesGraph", "EvolutionCausalGraph", and "EvolutionEventsGraph" I am getting even more confused, as I do not see the correspondence between the graphs.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract