Message Boards Message Boards

Confused about how causal graph plotting works.

Anonymous User
Anonymous User
Posted 4 years ago

I'm not sure where to post this, but I figured this would be relevant here. I was trying to use the new WolframModel function to try out various universes using Wolfram Cloud. I was plotting the multiway system, including the causal events, but I am having a hard time understanding how it works. If you look at the first code snippet below, the first state has a branch pair, and the first state of the branch pair subsequently branches off into a branch pair and a branch triplet, according to the graph, for a total of 5 states. However, if I try to use the second code snippet, which is essentially using this first branch pair state as the initial condition, I get two branch pairs instead of a branch pair and a branch triplet, which amounts to 4 states vs 5. If I am understanding correctly, these two code snippets should line up with each other, but they do not produce the same results, unless I am misunderstanding something?

Link to output of first code snippet

Link to output of second code snippet

LayeredGraphPlot[MultiwaySystem[WolframModel[{{1,2},{2,1}}->{{3,1},{1,3},{2,3}}],{{0,1},{1,0},{1,2},{2,1}},3,"EvolutionEventsGraph"],VertexSize->1]

LayeredGraphPlot[MultiwaySystem[WolframModel[{{1,2},{2,1}}->{{3,1},{1,3},{2,3}}],{{0,1},{1,0},{1,2},{2,3},{3,2}},2,"EvolutionEventsGraph"],VertexSize->1]

POSTED BY: Anonymous User
Anonymous User
Anonymous User
Posted 4 years ago

Investigating the "CausalGraph", "StatesGraph", "EvolutionCausalGraph", and "EvolutionEventsGraph" I am getting even more confused, as I do not see the correspondence between the graphs.

POSTED BY: Anonymous User
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract