Message Boards Message Boards

ChannelCreate failing

Posted 4 years ago

Anyone experiencing channelcreate failing? I have had different errors over the past two days. but use the channel communications to link some of my systems so this is a large problem for me. The current error is: Could not connect to the server "mqtts://channelbroker-mqtt.wolframcloud.com:8883/".

Above error return is from ChannelCreate[channelName] command. Java seems to load and reinstall properly.

I have a connection to Wolfram cloud and used channel based communication for several years now with reasonable success.

I can not remember if the error is prior to upgrading to 12.1 but I have just upgraded to 12.1 to try and fix. The only strange thing i see is CloudConnect[] returns email concatenated with displayname= "myemail@ahoo.com.sgdisplayname="

Does anyone have details on how to connect to a different broker (eg Amazon IOT). This would be also a fine solution for me.

S.

POSTED BY: Scott Sproule
5 Replies
Posted 4 years ago

There were two issues. One was the channel broker was down over the weekend. The second was the CloudConnect was returning an invalid value. I disconnected from the cloud and reconnected and this fixed the seccond issue.

CloudDisconnect[] CloudConnect[]

Good luck.

Posted 4 years ago

The channel service is a publish and subscribe service provided by Wolfram. It works superbly when it works. I have been using it for about two years now. Currently, I have a trouble ticket in and they have it partially fixed For me it is working on: raspberry pi Ver 12.0 failing mac os x ver 12.1

What version are you using. I will keep you updated as they work my trouble ticket.

For your particular problem try running ChannelListeners[] and RemoveChannelListener[x] where x is from the ChannelListeners[] or RemoveChannelListener[#] & /@ ChannelListeners[]

i'm not even calling anything and I get this error everytime I start a notebook

ChannelListen::subx: Failed to subscribe to the channel mqtts://channelbroker-mqtt.wolframcloud.com:8883/users/firstname.lastname@domain.edu/ChatInvitations. The channel may not exist or you may not have access to it.

(ids removed) No idea where in the startup code this si called...

POSTED BY: Bernd Meyer
Posted 4 years ago

Sorry typo on my part for the example. Am using CreateChannel and it fails

shopkey = "xxxxx";
shopchannel = CreateChannel[shopkey]

ChannelObject::connfail: Could not connect to the server "mqtts://channelbroker-mqtt.wolframcloud.com:8883/".

Above code is failing for past two days, but used to work for over a year.

Is the issue as simple as using the function CreateChannel rather than ChannelCreate?

POSTED BY: Ian Williams
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract