• Interference
  • Diffraction
  • Visualization

Acknowledgments

• Mentor: Carl Woll
  • Jesse Friedman
POSTED BY: Julián Laverde
3 Replies

Hi! Thank you fot this interesting post! I have one question - how many points have you actually been able to put into this function?

Hi Paweł. Normally I use no more than 200 real points so I can see the result in a less than 10 seconds using the default plotting step. With up to 500 real points you might have to wait around 2 minutes. I do not recommend using more than 1000 points on a personal computer since this might require large amounts of memory. We ran a speckle pattern using 1000 points using 32 cores and 3.2 Gb of memory and it took approximately 2.5 minutes.

I'm currently working on ways to reduce these times by using tools like the spectrum of classes, which classify all the point emitters into groups that share similar features. This might allow to reduce redundant evaluations and decrease computing times.

POSTED BY: Julián Laverde

enter image description here -- you have earned Featured Contributor Badge enter image description here Your exceptional post has been selected for our editorial column Staff Picks http://wolfr.am/StaffPicks and Your Profile is now distinguished by a Featured Contributor Badge and is displayed on the Featured Contributor Board. Thank you!

POSTED BY: Moderation Team
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract