Message Boards Message Boards

[WSC20] Generate coexistence graphs of bird species using eBird data

Posted 4 years ago

birbgraph

POSTED BY: Logan Gilbert
3 Replies

enter image description here -- you have earned Featured Contributor Badge enter image description here Your exceptional post has been selected for our editorial column Staff Picks http://wolfr.am/StaffPicks and Your Profile is now distinguished by a Featured Contributor Badge and is displayed on the Featured Contributor Board. Thank you!

POSTED BY: Moderation Team
Posted 4 years ago

Thank you for bringing this to my attention! Among other things, I want to expand the project to use that function since it exists, as well as other things (I'm editing the essay today to add a few things)

Edit: Please let me know when the BioticInteractions function uploads!

Thanks, Logan

POSTED BY: Logan Gilbert

Great project @Logan Gilbert! Recently, I published a function on Wolfram Function Repository (WFR) called GBIFSearch which I think that it would have been useful for the first part of your project. See a simple example:

ResourceFunction["GBIFSearch"][ Entity["Species", "Species:CanisLupus"], 
                 "OccurrenceGeoRange" -> GeoBounds[Entity["Park", "YellowstoneNationalPark::zc6x9"]], 
                 "OccurrenceDateRange" -> {DateObject[{2017}, "Year", "Gregorian", -5.`], DateObject[{2019, 1}, "Month", "Gregorian", -5.`]} ]

I also submitted a function called BioticInteractions which is closely related to your coexistence graph. It will be nice to compare your results with that function. I will let you know once BioticInteractions is available on WFR.

Do you have plans to extend your project?

Best regards

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract