Message Boards Message Boards

SendMail failure: unexpected response was receive during message transport

Posted 3 years ago

I have been using SendMail for several months on a weekly basis without any problems. Today I ran the same code and server settings (no changes) and received:

fail message

I checked the mail server and it is working for sending smtp mail with a mail client (Thunderbird) using identical settings. Is there any way to see more information about the cause of this error message? Any help is greatly appreciated. ~ John

POSTED BY: John McCallon
3 Replies

Hello,

I'm using Version 13 now and after one year I tried again to use SendMail. Same error. The incoming mail functions are working!

I walked again thru all the documentation and Community site. No inspiration. The failure message is very limited in information content.

Link to Telenet settings. The Wolfram Outgoing Preferences are: Preferences

In[80]:= Options[SendMail]

Out[80]= {MailAddressValidation :> Automatic, 
 MailSettings -> Automatic}

In[81]:= SendMail["*xxxx*@gmail.com", "Here is the body \
of the message."]

errormessage

Some hints would be welcome. Chris

POSTED BY: Chris Van Damme

Hello, I have the same failure when using SendMail ! I tried several changes in the outgoing mail preferences of the desktop. Receiving mail is working. I have an extra mailbox (Settings) from my mail provider. I use it only for experimenting with Wolfram Language. It's very difficult to solve a problem with this error information. Some hints?

POSTED BY: Chris Van Damme
Posted 3 years ago

Apparently there was an issue at the mail hosting service so port numbers changed. It would be nice to see more diagnostic information in the error message.

This post gives a nice alternative to SendMail (for future reference).

https://community.wolfram.com/groups/-/m/t/468550

POSTED BY: John McCallon
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract