Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
2 Replies
|
2 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Can one draw over a Trading Chart or Interactive Trading chart ?

Given an Interactive Trading Chart or Trading Chart that is displaying a CandleStick Chart is it possible to draw points or lines or curves over it, as, for instance, indicators do. 1) For instance, I want to draw some points on the chart (such as the peaks of the Candlesticks) or create lines to draw on the chart or curves on the chart. 2), I want to create my own indicators. Is there a set of specifications that an Indicator must satisfy? My indicator would be a time series that might have value for every trading day or have sparse values, meaning values available for only certain days, It would be great if I could get some example code to answer 1). Something like placing a few points (at certain dates) on the Interactive Trading Chart. The indicator would be a time series. Thanks in advance.

POSTED BY: Henrick Jeanty
2 Replies
Posted 4 years ago

Henrick:

My apologies, but I'm not going to have time to put an example together for you. But, I will share what Wolfram shared with me when I asked this question a year ago.

This is a topic that interests me, so please feel free share what you learn and I will do the same.

Attachments:
POSTED BY: Mike Besso
Posted 4 years ago

Yes, this is possible. Unfortunately, I'm not at home where I can pull some sample code together to show you right now. I'll try to do so tonight if no one else beats me to it.

thanks for the great question

POSTED BY: Mike Besso
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract