|
10 Replies
|
2 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Error message?

Posted 3 years ago

The error message is: "Why the Beep? There was a syntax error on the line 767 of the cell expression. The error was: Ce" I do not know how to go about fixing this please help as I am new to Wolfram! The files in question are attached below. Help is much appreciated!

10 Replies
Posted 3 years ago

Hi Nathan,

Those notebooks are corrupted. Even the procedure described here was unable to restore the entire content, most of the content was deleted. Are you the original author? If so, do you recall how they ended up in this state? Did they ever work correctly?

POSTED BY: Rohit Namjoshi
Posted 3 years ago

Hi Nathan,

I opened "Nathan_Stronkowsky 2.3.nb real.nb" in a text editor and noticed that several double quotation marks within strings delimited by double quotation marks were not escaped with a backslash. I manually added the missing ones and now the notebook opens without an error but with a warning that the file was edited outside of Mathematica. The content appears to be OK, however if you make a change to the file and save it then it gets corrupted again. Not sure why. Try copying the content to an empty new notebook a few expressions at a time to see if you can re-create it and save it without the corruption.

I have attached the version I manually fixed.

Attachments:

Yes they previously worked. All I remember was closing them and then re opening them like that . . .Yes I am the original author.

Posted 3 years ago

Error CE is a general error indicating that the file you are currently playing has crashed.

POSTED BY: Yasmin Hussain
Posted 3 years ago

There is nothing in the WL documentation about this. Please provide the source that refers to this error.

Here is a screen shot. This window pops up.

Attachment

Attachments:

I have no idea why it would do that. I simply reopened the file after saving.

You are a life saver. I will try and do that. Thank you so much.

How many edits did you have to make? And how can I know when to edit to fix this is the future? I have to make sure double quotation marks are properly "escaped with a backslash"?

Posted 3 years ago

Hi Nathan,

Don't remember how many edits I made. Noticed that they were all associated with image compressed data and were embedded in a Print that contained images e.g.

Print["****F)Pimlico:<some image> <another image>"]

The compressed data string for the images is not correctly escaped within the string being printed. I think this is a bug. You should report the issue to Wolfram Support.

Avoid printing images and I think the problem should go away. I manually fixed the other file, see attached.

Attachments:
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract