Message Boards Message Boards

Wolfram python script

Posted 3 years ago

Dear Wolfram users, I am currently using a python script for a software called WorkTime to collect data about open windows and run the software. However, since my python script can work with different cores simultaneously, it opens a new kernel every time WorkTime starts. Also, the number of available Mathematica kernels is limited, so I would like to use subkernels to launch it. So far, this is the simplest way I could come up:

1. Launch a main.wls
  2. Start n subkernels ""sub1"", ""sub2"", ""sub3""... (n - being the number of cores)
  3. Launch the python script main.py (maybe with specific arguments)
  4. Each time the main.py calls ""./script.wls"" (which do some computation), pass the name of a specific sub kernel ""subN"" to run as an argument.

I think this should work. Although, I still can't figure out how to launch ./script.wls on a given sub kernel. Any ideas, hints, or documentation would be very much appreciated! Many thanks for your help, Steven.

POSTED BY: Steven Snider
Posted 3 years ago

Steven:

This is the type of question that keeps me coming back to the community. I had no idea that sub cores existed. Thanks for teaching me something.

Unfortunately, I can't answer your question, but I do appreciate that you asked it.

Have a great and safe weekend.

POSTED BY: Mike Besso
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract