Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
3 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Open/launch UnityLink in Mathematica V10 (on Mac)?

Posted 3 years ago

I am trying to access UnityLink on Mathematica version 10. When I follow the only found directions, I receive an error that does not inform me on how to resolve the issue. I quote from the notebook:

In[1]:= Needs["UnityLink`"]

During evaluation of In[1]:= Get::noopen: Cannot open UnityLink`. >>

During evaluation of In[1]:= Needs::nocont: Context UnityLink` was not created when Needs was evaluated. >>

Out[1]= $Failed

Where does one go from here?

Background:

On one Mac (computer) I upgraded to Catalina (to date, the latest MacOS, 10.15) which nullified Mathematica (version 10) because of 32-bit vs 64-bit issue. When available, I installed version 12 of Mathematica on said Mac.

But... On another Mac running Mojave (MacOS 14, which I keep always one OS behind), I run still my free student account licensed copy of Mathematica version 10. According to videos posted, to date, 5 to 6 years ago, UnityLink was available and in use in Mathematica (version 10). How?

Finding the only way to invoke UnityLink on Mathematica, I entered the text, see quoted lines above, but to no avail.

How does one get beyond this error so that can use UnityLink in Mathematica version 10?

Just to let know, I have three versions of Unity: 2017, 2018, and 2019 on the Mac running Catalina but defaults to opening new projects in ver 2018. My Mac running Mojave, I just reduced to keeping single version 2019 of Unity.

POSTED BY: Sheldon Ross
3 Replies
Posted 3 years ago

Sheldon:

I do not know anything about UnityLink. But I do know that technology is changing so fast that information on the web that is years old (or sometimes even months old) is often no longer relevant.

That said, if you are trying to get something working from 5 or 6 years ago, you might have to revert all related components back to their versions 5 or 6 years ago. That could include not only your versions of Mathematica and Unity, but also the operating system.

Good luck.

POSTED BY: Mike Besso
Posted 3 years ago

Hi Sheldon,

The documentation indicates that UnityLink support was added in v12.

POSTED BY: Rohit Namjoshi
Posted 3 years ago

Sorry,

Let me repeat,

According to videos posted, to date, 5 to 6 years ago, UnityLink was available and in use in Mathematica (version 10). How?

For example, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi0L4HojoLw

Before ver. 12 existed. At the time the video was posted, the latest version available/existed was ver. 9. Version 10 was introduced five months after this video was uploaded.

POSTED BY: Sheldon Ross
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract