Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
7 Replies
|
2 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

How do I enlarge Mathematica's GUI font size?

Posted 3 years ago

How do I enlarge Mathematica's GUI font size? enter image description here

POSTED BY: Tim Cruise
7 Replies

The text should be using the ambient font and size as spec'd from the OS. What is returned from evaluating CurrentValue["SystemFonts"]? The output from CurrentValue["ConnectedDisplays"] might be useful as well.

POSTED BY: Ian Hojnicki

Ian, you are so freaking cool, thank you for jumping in on this! Hopefully Tim is still exploring it since it looks like they had the trial version, but this is cool info and I am glad it is now documented here for others.

POSTED BY: Kyle Keane

Or Window > Magnification... but that changes everything including sliders and images

AHHH wait, I did not see your question, good question that needs to be addressed by Wolfram, that splash screen is not a notebook with an editable stylesheet. This is an accessibility bug I think. Please report to Wolfram

Very few GUI interface elements in Mathematica, but many have this issue. There is always an alternative way to access the same functionality without the GUI. I have disabled the Welcome Screen that you show by default and just use the standard menu operations since I do not like the Welcome Screen font sizes or colors.

You can also tweak your stylesheet if you just want some fonts bigger https://reference.wolfram.com/language/tutorial/WorkingWithStylesheets.html

Posted 3 years ago

Preferences - Interface - Global Magnification.

I have mine at 150 %

Edit: Sorry, I thought it was the Notebook text size.

POSTED BY: Hans Jensen
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract