Message Boards Message Boards

Predict the Electoral College: The Paths to Victory

enter image description here

There are now various disputes about whether Joe Biden or Donald Trump should receive the electoral votes in various states. Courts, legislatures and state election officials will be wrestling with various contentions. This computational essay shows how combinatorics and probability can be combined in the Wolfram Language to make a prediction of who will receive the number of votes (270 for Biden and, practically, 269 for Trump) to serve as President beginning on January 20, 2021. You can try the tool in the following webpage

The Battle for the Electoral College

I have done my best to make this scientific and not partisan. I am likely to post this as an official "Computational Essay" in a day or two (with the benefit of some feedback) and to put up the website suggested at the end of this essay.

POSTED BY: Seth Chandler

enter image description here -- you have earned Featured Contributor Badge enter image description here Your exceptional post has been selected for our editorial column Staff Picks http://wolfr.am/StaffPicks and Your Profile is now distinguished by a Featured Contributor Badge and is displayed on the Featured Contributor Board. Thank you!

POSTED BY: Moderation Team
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract