Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
2 Replies
|
1 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

GUI-elements in the Writing Assistant palette?

I made a screenshot of a typical post editor from another forum, i'm contributing member on several forums. The screenshot is self-explanatory: enter image description here I am trying to use Mathematica as substiute for my other installed word-processing editors like MS Word (for writing letters to be printed out), MS Outlook Express (for creating quick'n dirty HTML documents), Notepad (for copy pasting temporary thoughts, notes), LaTeX (for creating docs mit math formulas) etc. But i am missing the marked functionality from the screenshot.

I am still a beginner, so maybe i am literally missing the functions 'indent a selected text' and 'stroke the selected word' and 'insert a (numbered or numbered) list', while they're hidden somewhere in the Mathematica GUI, please could you let me know? Thank you!

POSTED BY: Raspi Rascal
2 Replies

I am also missing more mathematical symbols, e.g. a stroked arrow as in "NotImplies". Why can't Mathematica support all LaTeX symbols, 15000 of them?

Actually I found a cumbersome workaround for striking/stroking individual characters, it is okay for many uses, but doesn't work on 2D input enter image description here

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract