[GIF] Rotating cylinders: spline surfaces from tensor products

Posted 11 months ago
|
3 Replies
|
21 Total Likes
|

Rotating concentric cylindrical patches

I received emails from some readers of my previous Game of life on spheres post, asking about the detailed explanation of the code, which I would really love to do. But before going into sphere case, I think it should be more intuitive to get a feel of tensor product spline surface through simple circle and straight line. So here is it: a simple walkthrough, along with a bunch of rotating concentric cylindrical patches to showcase the outstanding 3D performance when we use BSplineSurface instead of, say, ParametricPlot3D.

3 Replies

enter image description here -- you have earned Featured Contributor Badge enter image description here Your exceptional post has been selected for our editorial column Staff Picks http://wolfr.am/StaffPicks and Your Profile is now distinguished by a Featured Contributor Badge and is displayed on the Featured Contributor Board. Thank you!

Moderator Note: this post was highlighted on the Wolfram's official social media channels. Thank you for your contribution. We are looking forward to your future posts.

Wow thank you very much! I'll definitely do my best for more interesting posts!

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract