|
5 Replies
|
10 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Ultra Rapid Coding Live!

Wolfram Language is a Superpower!

You can do in minutes what most people can't do in months. Let's see how far we can push this superpower. Every week, we'll go live and solve new problems. Fast!

If You Got a Problem, Yo, Let's Solve It

The problems could be general programming challenges from sites such as the Advent of Code or Rosetta Code.

Or they could be important questions with unknown answers in sports, religion, politics, finance, analytics, psychology, economics, NKS, or more.

Or best of all, you can suggest questions or problems, either in advance as a comment on this post, or live on the stream.

You can also code along! Let's see how fast we can be.

Where I Go?

We will broadcast live on the Wolfram Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/wolfram

You can also view the YouTube playlist link of all past episodes.

Who You Be?

I’m a professor of analytics and the director of the Master of Science in Business Analytics program at the Fairfield University Dolan School of Business, in Connecticut. I am also the founding managing editor of Algorithmic Finance and the co-founder and co-editor-in-chief of the Journal of Sports Analytics. I'm also the COO/CTO for Swipe.bet, which runs on Wolfram Language, an Insight Partner with Essentia Analytics, an advisor to Athletes Unlimited, and an affiliate of the Ellen Langer Mindfulness Institute.

In the past, I’ve been an analytics consultant with several NBA teams, a hedge fund portfolio manager, a policy scholar for a free market think tank, a Justice of the Peace, a Congressional candidate, a sportswriter, and an award-winning journalist and columnist.

I have a Ph.D. is in Finance from the University of Chicago under Richard Thaler (2018 Nobel laureate), a Master's in Applied Mathematics from Harvard University, and a Bachelor's in Computer Science from Harvard University. I also happen to have a J.D. and am an attorney-at-law admitted to practice in California.

I won a Wolfram Innovator Award in 2015. I also won the inaugural Wolfram Live Coding Challenge in 2016 and second place in 2018, and I won the Wolfram One-Liner Competition in 2015, 2016, 2018, and 2019. (I love one-liners.) In other awards, I was a finalist for the 2010 Bastiat Prize for Online Journalism, and I was named one of the Top 50 Data and Analytics Professionals in the US and Canada by Corinium in 2018. I’m also the only person to have won both the Grand Prize for Best Research Paper (2018) and the Hackathon (2020) at the MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference. (You’ll never guess what language I used during the hackathon!).

I was a student at the 2007 Wolfram Summer School and an instructor at the 2019 Wolfram High School Summer Camp and the 2020 Wolfram Summer School and I've been a presenter at the Wolfram Technology Conference in 2016, 2018, and 2019.

Let's go do some ultra rapid coding... live!

POSTED BY: Philip Maymin
5 Replies
Posted 3 years ago

Hi Philip,

I enjoyed watching your live coding session yesterday. Could you please post your notebook with the solutions.

Thanks!

POSTED BY: Rohit Namjoshi

Thanks so much! Here's the notebook attached and here's the YouTube video link for Episode 1.

Attachments:
POSTED BY: Philip Maymin

Join us now for the 1st session: https://www.twitch.tv/wolfram

POSTED BY: Mads Bahrami
Posted 3 years ago

This will be awesome!

POSTED BY: Cary Munves

Our first session will be on Friday Dec 11, 2-3pm ET. Mark your calendar and join us here: https://www.twitch.tv/wolfram Looking forward to seeing you live :-)

POSTED BY: Mads Bahrami
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract