Message Boards Message Boards

Shortest Route to Multiple Unordered Geographic Coordinates?

Posted 3 years ago

Hello, I am new to the Wolfram and Mathematica programs and am unfamiliar with the Wolfram language, causing me to have trouble trying to figure out how to use a particular feature. Essentially I am trying to figure out how to do what is done in this link: https://www.wolfram.com/mathematica/new-in-10/entity-based-geocomputation/find-the-shortest-route-through-the-worlds-capital.html, but with my own set of geographic coordinates. I looking everywhere trying to figure out how to do this and I even used the code verbatim from this article and couldn't even get the result from that. I am just trying to figure out how to do that.

Attached below is all I have from my most recent attempt at figuring it out, although despite repeated efforts, I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing so I doubt I'm even in the right ballpark.

POSTED BY: Quinn Levy
2 Replies
Posted 3 years ago

Quinn:

Wolfram's Entity Framework is a vast knowledge-base that provides us with computable data on a wide range of topics. However, it does not turn lat/longs into GeoPoints, which is what you need.

Try this out (I also added some missing commas between options):

positions = 
  Map[GeoPosition, {{-15.707663, -47.911551}, {-25.363882, \
-57.717899}, {-34.921971, -56.046862}}];

GeoGraphics[{GeoPath[positions], Red, Point /@ positions}, 
 GeoRange -> "World", GeoCenter -> 40,
 GeoBackground -> "StreetMapNoLabels"]

So, check out GeoPosition[], used above.

Have a great and safe holiday.

POSTED BY: Mike Besso
Posted 3 years ago

It worked! Thank you so much for the help, Mike, and happy holidays to you too!

POSTED BY: Quinn Levy
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract