Message Boards Message Boards

Chicken Scratch resumes in 2021

Posted 3 years ago

Chicken Scratch is an academic trivia game written entirely in the Wolfram Language. It is different from most trivia games because it creates questions on the fly, potentially trillions of them. We have been playing Chicken Scratch at the Wolfram Summer Programs for the past three years, had a Wolfram Chicken Scratch Tournament this past September, and have been playing as a recreational pastime throughout the pandemic. The questions are created using built-in functions as well as functions from the Function Repository. Some use machine learning, some the latest audio and video manipulation tools, etc. This is a good way to see a variety of Wolfram Language features put to use.

I'm inviting you to play in Zoom this Saturday (January 2, 2021) at 11:30am EDT (New York time). We play in teams, so there is no need to "know how" to play. Just come and have fun. I am totally willing to share code, talk about how I made the game, etc. I plan to host Chicken Scratch games most weekends for the foreseeable future, so if you are interested but can't make it this Saturday, contact me at mgreenberg1520@gmail.com and I'll put you on the mailing list.

On Saturday, just follow this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/4698031899?pwd=T1BPZFl3KzI3L1hsODZ6UmVGK3JGdz09

Peace,

Mark

POSTED BY: Mark Greenberg
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract