|
|
2 Replies
|
2 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Stop dynamic highlighting in ParallelAxisPlot

The new ParallelAxisPlot in version 12.2 is lovely. And I generally enjoy the ability to mouseover the plot and see the lines it generates become highlighted. Except ... sometimes I don't. I find that if you have a ParallelAxisPlot inside a Manipulate you can get a lot of flickering and refreshing. The precise circumstance under which I find this involves a With statement developing data by evaluating a neural network. I wish I had a minimal case that I could present easily in this post, but, alas, I do not. Perhaps, however, people could trust me that it does occur and that it's annoying. It seems to me that users ought to have the option for a simpler graphic that lacks the snazzy dynamic feature. I don't see an option that lets you shut off the dynamic highlighting. Is there an easy way to do it? Is there a hard way that has me get rid of or adjust graphics primitives produced by the function?

POSTED BY: Seth Chandler
2 Replies

Thanks!! Your fix will definitely help with my immediate issue. My two cents is that, from a design perspective, PerformanceGoal might not be the best option to handle it. Usually PerformanceGoal relates to execution of the function. Seems to me the better fix is just to document the HighlightStyle option.

POSTED BY: Seth Chandler

Setting PerformanceGoal -> "Speed" disables highlighting (this does not appear to be documented). This effectively sets the hidden option "HighlightStyle" -> None, which I suppose you could also use standalone.

POSTED BY: Jesse Friedman
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract