|
|
1 Reply
|
1 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

BubbleChart fails, any recent changes?

I virtually attended Wolfram's 2020 Conference back in October. I attended Wolfram Notebook Training session hosted by Abrita Chakravarty. Of course, off-line, I walked through her examples and tried them out with great satisfaction. Over time, I've gone back to my copy of her code, and added code to help me understand things more in depth.

Recently, after upgrading to Mathematica 12.2, from 12.0/12.1/12.1.1, I went back to this code and found code that had been working no longer functions. Besides upgrading to Mathematica 12.2, I had previously upgraded MacOS to Big Sur, and also purchased and installed SystemModeler 12.

Today, I created a new NB with just the first and simplest code from the training that had been failing, and ran it again. I've attached that below. It failed again. I then deleted Mathematica and its library from my iMac, the reinstalled from the Wolfram site, and tried the two statement code again. Again it failed on my machine.

The code is simply these two statements:

data3 =  EntityClass["Country", "SouthAmerica"][
  {
   EntityProperty["Country", 
    "GDP", {"CurrencyUnit" -> "CurrentUSDollar", 
     "PerCapita" -> "PerCapita"}],
   "LifeExpectancy",
   "Population"
   },
  "EntityAssociation"]

followed by

BubbleChart[data3]

The two above statement were entered by me in one instance, and copied and pasted from the training slide show in another. Both resulted in the same failure. The data3 variable was set correctly in both cases, but the BubbleChart[data3] failed internally during a Rescale operation saying the "The argument .... at position 3 is expected to be a list of a lower bound and an upper bound." This error message is repeated, then other failure messages appear and the process runs until manually aborted.

Attachments:
POSTED BY: Lawrence Winkler
Posted 3 years ago

Hi Lawrence,

If you look at data3 you will see that LifeExpectancy for the Falkland Islands is Missing["NotAvailable"]. BubbleChart should generate a more informative error message that the one it does. Remove from the association any keys that have missing values and then plot.

data3 // Select[FreeQ[#, _Missing] &] // 
 BubbleChart[#, ChartLabels -> Callout[Keys@#]] &

enter image description here

POSTED BY: Rohit Namjoshi
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract