|
|
3 Replies
|
1 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

No output from ListPlot3D imported data

I copied the file path of the desired file and write it in a manner of getting output as the 3D plot. The thing is that I did the same for the other one and got the desired result but for this, I didn't even get an error nor an output. The data was different in both the files but it was sorted using a similar technique. So now I don't have any idea, what to do without error.

Attachments:
POSTED BY: AKSHAY KUMAR
3 Replies
Posted 3 years ago

Without the data file it is almost impossible to see what is causing the problem.

Try importing the file and then doing

ListPlot3D[Take[data2[[All,{1,2,3}]],20]]

That will extract the first 20 points of your data and plot only those. Does that work? If so then change the 20 to 40 and see if that works. If that works then change the 40 to 100 and see if that works. If 100 works then try 1000. You are trying to test if some part of the list of points does plot and more points do not.

If you can estimate where the data points do not plot then you may be able to look very closely at the data and see anything that is not simple data points much like other data points near them.

Your notebook showed a small sample of your data points and I was able to cut and paste those and that plotted for me.

If this does not work for you then perhaps attaching your data file to your post might let someone else look at the data and find the problem.

POSTED BY: Bill Nelson

Thank you.

POSTED BY: AKSHAY KUMAR
Posted 3 years ago

I thought the problem would be an error in the file. I have hunted and I cannot find an error.

Can you paste the contents of this text file into your Mathematica and evaluate it and see if you get a plot?

That has made the expression smaller by deleting trailing digits and it has joined lines to make fewer lines, but it has the same number of data points in the same order and all are approximately the same value.

That expression plots for me.

If you could include your other file that is similar and which works then perhaps I could compare the two files and see if I can find any difference that might explain this.

I apologize for making you do all the work looking for a problem that was not there.

Attachments:
POSTED BY: Bill Nelson
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract