|
|
2 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Large Images Return Black

I'm trying to export an image to a relatively large size (2048x2048), but any size over ~1900 returns black. This is an example:
Export["image.png",
DensityPlot[x^2 - y^2, {x, -2, 2}, {y, -2, 2},
  ColorFunction -> "PigeonTones", Frame -> None,
  PlotRangePadding -> 0], ImageSize -> 2048]
This (or maybe an even higher) resolution would be ideal, but it returns a black image. The problem is not from Export, but some way the Graphic is interpreted.
I'm pretty sure I've this issue with methods other than DensityPlot, but this is a case that I can surely support with evidence.
I've also tried specifying ImageSize within DensityPlot, to no avail.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you may provide!

-Lucas
POSTED BY: Lucas Morales
2 Replies
Posted 10 years ago
I've tried your code and your issue doesn't occur in my Mathematica v9.01, Win 7 OS.
POSTED BY: Zhenyu Lu
This may be related to a similar problem I've experienced for ages, using an iMac and Mathematica versions 8 and 9.0.1. I've discussed it before on the Mathematica StackExchange site.  It seems to affect only me, though... emoticon

I don't get a black screen, though - something much more exciting. A new kind of art!

It appears that Mathematica is somehow accessing areas of (screen?) memory that it shouldn't. If you squint, you can make out some icons (Growl, Keyboard Maestro), and some details from other open apps (TV listings from EyeTV). It's the only app that does this, so I've assumed that it's not the fault of my computer...

You might find that switching off the anti-aliasing in Preferences solves some of your problems... I stopped seeing these almost completely when I switched off anti-aliasing.
POSTED BY: C ormullion
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract