|
2 Replies
|
1 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

How to treat point heat sources?

Posted 3 years ago

Hi everyone! I have to solve a 2D-PDE transient heat equation that contains point heat sources. I'd like to know if I wrote the following equation correctly: enter image description here

q0 = 1;
Subscript[Q, 0] = 
  q0*(DiracDelta[x - x1]*DiracDelta[y - y1] + 
     DiracDelta[x - x1]*DiracDelta[y - y2]*DiracDelta[x - x2]*
      DiracDelta[y - y1] + DiracDelta[x - x2]*DiracDelta[y - y2]);
heqn1 = Subscript[k, 
    CLS]*(D[Subscript[T, D][x, y, t], x, x] + 
      D[Subscript[T, D][x, y, t], y, y]) + Subscript[Q, 0] == 
  Subscript[\[Rho], CLS]*Subscript[Cp, CLS]*
   D[Subscript[T, D][x, y, t], t]

I haven't considered the heat source as time-dependant just yet to simplify just a bit. Thank you in advance!

POSTED BY: Roberta Mongillo
2 Replies

I typed

TeXForm[heqn1/.{DiracDelta[x_]:>\[Delta][x]}]

to hopefully get back something which matches your equation. $$\begin{multline*} k_{\text{CLS}}\left(T _D^{(0,2,0)}(x,y,t)+T _D^{(2,0,0)}(x,y,t)\right)+\delta (x-\text{x1}) \delta (x-\text{x2}) \delta (y-\text{y1})\delta (y-\text{y2})\\ +\delta (x-\text{x1}) \delta(y-\text{y1})+\delta (x-\text{x2}) \delta(y-\text{y2})=\\ \text{Cp} _{\text{CLS}} \rho _{\text{CLS}}T _D^{(0,0,1)}(x,y,t) \end{multline*}$$ This looks right. If you want to keep these new variable names (y1 instead of b1...), but still be sure of equivalence, you could do more substitutions besides DiracDelta and end up with almost equivalent tex code. Converting the indexed Derivative to Newton notation is possible, but finicky -- I think it reads just fine in this case.

POSTED BY: Adam Mendenhall

I tried and the result seems fine. Your code line should just write the symbol instead of DiracDelta. I hope it will run properly then. Thank you!

POSTED BY: Roberta Mongillo
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract