|
3 Replies
|
1 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Help in corrupted notebook

Posted 3 years ago

This is the third time I have received this message and lose some or all of my notebook.

There appears to be an error in the file named below. You should close it without saving, then check the Parse and load entire notebook into memory upon opening checkbox in the Notebook Options dialog.

I have opened the "Parse and load" but I have no idea what I am looking at. Anybody in the community here that can help me figure out why this is happening? Is it something I am doing wrong or not realizing I am doing? It tells me the error is at line 2225, but just says its a syntax error with "}, Open".

I searched the forum for help, but couldn't really find anything that made it clear how to resolve the issue.

Thank you in advance for any help!

Attachments:
POSTED BY: Tim Andersen
3 Replies
Posted 3 years ago

Actually, I just pulled the header off the file, and now it says the error is at line 824 and simply says the error is "k" Not sure what to think now.

Are you saving to a network drive or a local drive? I have noticed corrupt notebooks are very rare when saving to a local drive (at least under Windows).

By the way, take a look at https://resources.wolframcloud.com/FunctionRepository/resources/SalvageNotebook/

POSTED BY: Gustavo Delfino
Posted 3 years ago

Thanks for this! I wasn't even aware of this option!

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract