|
4 Replies
|
1 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

2D-cutting stock problem

Posted 10 years ago
Hello everyone, I am interested in trying to program the problem, but my knowledge of Mathematica is reduced, the problem broadly is that given a rectangle of certain dimensions (length and width), then minimize waste cutting some boards, for not confuse the attached pdf file which explains in more detail, you can also see an example, I hope someone propose some ideas of how to start this project.

I hope I can advise me or to share information about this algorithm, in Spanish there is very little information about it.

Thanks in advance
Attachments:
POSTED BY: Luis Ledesma
4 Replies
You can also use FindMinimum setting the Method option to "LinearProgrmming".  It's often easier to set up a problem for FindMinimum, in my experience, since the inputs for LinearProgramming are are all vectors and matrices.  For FindMinimum, you can enter the objective function and constraints as expressions.
POSTED BY: Frank Kampas
Posted 10 years ago
In Mathematica 9 you can program your problem using LinearProgramming.
POSTED BY: Mark Dooris
Posted 10 years ago
Hello, first of all thanks for helping me on this idea, I hope I can help with the following problem, I have a plate of 160 cm long and 140 cm wide, I need you the next panels:
1 piece of 17 X 12
2 pieces  of  20 X 13
3 pieces of 35 X 17
5 pieces of 15 X 20
7 pieces of 28 X 32
3 pieces of 45 X 65
6 pieces of 16 X 20.
as introducing this in mathematica to help me to make the cut on my motherboard?

This step is important to make progress in my project, and I still have other things to do then to finish it.

Any help is welcome
Posted 10 years ago
Perhaps this problem can be modeled as a knapsack problem?, Not yet find a way to tell mathematica my problem, I am expecting some help, I will continue reviewing more literature, greetings community
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract