Share this post:

What is wrong?

Posted 10 years ago
Hi,
I'm using Mathematica 9.  I made some code (full code update):
 Data = Import["E:\\EuFe2As2-based\\Math\\Cp\\Cp_Eu12A1_t4", "Table"];
 pun = Select[Data,  First[#] > 150 &];
 ListPlot[pun]
 CDeb[n_, t_, thD_] = n*9*8.31 (t/thD)^3 Integrate[ x^4 Exp[x]*(Exp[x] - 1)^-2, {x, 0, thD/t}];
 CEl[t_, gamma_] = gamma*t;
 Cp[n_, t_, thD_, gamma_] = CDeb[n, t, thD] + CEl[t, gamma];
 n = 5;
 fitt = FindFit[pun, Cp[n, T, ThetaD, GammA], {{ThetaD, 330}, {GammA, 0.1}}, T];
 modelFunk = Function[{T}, Evaluate[Cp[n, T, ThetaD, GammA] /. fitt]];

Plot[modelFunk[T], {T, 0, 300}, Epilog -> Map[Point, pun]]
tablica =
Table[{Temp, Re[CEl[Temp, GammA] /. fitt], Re[CDeb[n, Temp, ThetaD] /. fitt], Re[modelFunk[Temp]]}, {Temp,   0.1, 30, 5];

Export["c:/daneCp.csv", tablica, "CSV"]

and in the line with the FindFit I got somthing like this:
FindFit::nrlnum: The function value {Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined} is not a list of real numbers with dimensions {39} at {ThetaD,GammA} = {330.,0.1}. >>
FindFit::nrlnum: The function value {Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined,Undefined} is not a list of real numbers with dimensions {39} at {ThetaD,GammA} = {330.,0.1}. >>
I have no idea what's going on with it. The line with FindFit works fine in mathematica 7, but in 9 doesn't.  Any suggestions?
POSTED BY: taksido
5 Replies
What does Exp mean in your definition for CDeb?

Please first check that your functions, CDEB, CDEI and Cp all work as you intend them to. 
POSTED BY: Sean Clarke
Posted 10 years ago
exp(x) but you can't see it here.  I don't know why.  As i said, everything works fine in Mathematica 7, but not 9, there is always a problem with FindFit. Some problems with Theta and GammA but what? Syntax?  I don't know where.
Posted 10 years ago
Hi Taksido,
Please insert your code in a spikey box, like this:
eq = a x + b/(1 + Exp[-c (x - x0)]) + d;
The text editor does funny things, but the spikey box preserves code we can see, and cut and paste.
Best,
David
POSTED BY: David Keith
"pun" is not defined the way you want.
FindFit::nrlnum: The function value {Undefined,Undefined,..,Undefined,Undefined} is not a list of real numbers

Previously, your code defined the list "pun" by inserting "Undefined" everywhere. 
In[1]:= ?Undefined                                                                     
Undefined is a symbol that represents a quantity with no defined value.
You should consider attaching a complete notebook that works in Mathematica 7.  Verify that you can open Mathematica, run only the notebook, and get the right results.
POSTED BY: Bruce Miller
Posted 10 years ago
The code has been updated
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract