Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
3 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Drawing lines and other geometrical shapes on a trading or financial chart?

I believe this to be a straightforward question to which I have not found an answer. I am interested in drawing my own graphics on top of a TradingChart or InteractiveTradingChart. Most importantly, I would like to draw my own lines or functions onto the aforementioned charts. Yes, I have read the documentation on ChartElementFunction, on FinancialIndicator(s) and cannot see if it is even possible to simply draw a line on a TradingChart or InteractiveTradingChart. For instance, I have a designed and implemented a program that can locate all the possible Elliott Waves in a stock movement (Intraday, daily, weekly, monthly or any other scale you care to look at). From those waves, I can detect patterns such as Bat, Butterfly, Retracement, etc... from the Harmonic Trader book by Scott Carney. I have read about the Line[] function, but it draws on its own chart. I wish there were a function that would take the endpoints of the line as well as the Chart as arguments to draw on the chart. I would like to display the patterns I find on the appropriate stock chart to check the correctness of the algorithms as well as display alerts and setup events like "Buy", "Sell" or "Hold". Does anyone know of any function that can draw a Line on an already existing chart? Even better would be being able to draw geometrical shapes, but I will be happy with just drawing lines.

POSTED BY: Henrick Jeanty
3 Replies
Posted 3 years ago

You can try using Epilog as described here.

POSTED BY: Rohit Namjoshi

Thank you Rohit. I will take a look at it. At first sight it looks promising.

POSTED BY: Henrick Jeanty

@Henrick Jeanty Welcome to Wolfram Community! Please make sure you know the rules: https://wolfr.am/READ-1ST

Please do not duplicate discussions. You can always edit your original discussion if changes are needed, or at least mention the previous post here if it has been a long time, so that members can check the previous answers.

POSTED BY: Moderation Team
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract