Posted 2 months ago
|
7 Replies
|
13 Total Likes
|

ExpressionDifference

7 Replies

Might this be put in the Function Repository? I understand it is imperfect, but that could be flagged just as you have in this exposition.

Sure, Sir. I would but I have no idea what's procedure for that.

Posted 2 months ago

Hi Aman,

Nice work! Navigate to the Wolfram Function Repository and click on "Submit a New Function" at the top right. It will download a notebook that has a template for Function Repository submissions.

If you'd like any guidance, let me know. Although I am not at Jan Mangaldan level, I've done a bunch of these. There's a very useful "Check" button at the top of the template notebook that will make sure you comply with the style guidelines. I also find that deploying a draft notebook to the Wolfram Cloud and then playing with it for a few days before submitting both spots bugs and gives you some ideas for use cases.

enter image description here -- you have earned Featured Contributor Badge enter image description here Your exceptional post has been selected for our editorial column Staff Picks http://wolfr.am/StaffPicks and Your Profile is now distinguished by a Featured Contributor Badge and is displayed on the Featured Contributor Board. Thank you!

This is an interesting project. Have you checked out ExpressionLineDiff in the Wolfram Function Repository? You may be able to get some ideas from it.

From example 7 it looks like you are representing diffs in the head as a list of diffs. Perhaps these could be represented using position 0 in ReplacePart:

ReplacePart[0 -> g][f[x, y]]
g[x, y]

Replacing the whole expression can also be done with ReplacePart:

ReplacePart[{{}} -> y][x]
y

Yeah, but it has lot of bugs right now but still as I get time, I try to do some research and work on it. Will definitely look into that.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract