Message Boards Message Boards

After using manipulate every manipulate computes the same graph

Hi there, anyone... I used an example of manipulate with parametric plot, the initial graph I could alter making changes to the value of x, but now any value of x shows the same graph, including the initial example that gave me only a circle, now the initial example shows the graph that I modified...every manipulate with different values now gives me the same graph...what is happening? I used clearall and it remains the same...I am not being able to clear the memory to renew the graph even to its first graph example:

Manipulate[
 ParametricPlot[{r Cos[x],  r Sin[x]}, {x, 1, m}, {r, 0, k}, 
  Mesh -> Full, PlotRange -> {{-2, 2}, {-2, 2}}], {m, 0, 20 Pi}, {k, 1,
   3}]
8 Replies

This is the graph I obtain from another parametric plot with the same specifications of values: original parametric plot

second image is my modified plot

something changed after i chose the values of x to be the ReIm[riemann sum]

Ok it might be but if I give an autorun it will still show me the triangles and the squares , but the autorun given on the Page"Use manipulate in a ParametricPLot" on the dashboard gives a circle all the way from the beginning, and the polygons just appeared after I gave x the values of a sum of Riemann, now it does not come out....but thank you so much rohit ...god bless you.

Posted 2 years ago

What you are seeing is just an artifact of the way Manipulate works. When a control (slider in this case) is active, what is displayed is a faster to render version of the manipulate expression. When the mouse is released the full version is rendered. So, release the mouse at any point and wait for the manipulate to update.

POSTED BY: Rohit Namjoshi

I really thank you but I will show to you what is appearing to me in the file attached, even after the Row{plot,plot}: look at https://youtu.be/QpJbLnY15UQ I tried to put the file but it is too large.

Posted 2 years ago
plot = Manipulate[ParametricPlot[{r Cos[x], r Sin[x]}, {x, 1, m}, {r, 0, k},
  Mesh -> Full,
  PlotRange -> {{-2, 2}, {-2, 2}}],
 {m, 0, 20 Pi}, {k, 1, 3}]

enter image description here

Row[{plot, plot}]

enter image description here

Change the sliders then re-evaluate Row[{plot, plot}]. Both should reset to their initial state.

Can anyone confirm me if the program below gives a circle?

Manipulate[
 ParametricPlot[{r Cos[x],  r Sin[x]}, {x, 1, m}, {r, 0, k}, 
  Mesh -> Full, PlotRange -> {{-2, 2}, {-2, 2}}], {m, 0, 20 Pi}, {k, 1,
   3}]

The manipulate as I showed gives a circle initially, after I attributed values of x according to a program it gave me polygons including squares and triangles and stars in the same parametric plot, now if I run the initial example it doesn't show me the circle any more it shows me the polygons.

Posted 2 years ago

Hey Luis,

Not sure what you mean? After changing the sliders, what happens if you move both the sliders back to their minimum value?

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract