33 point Spikey polyhedron via Thomson problem

Posted 2 years ago

Attachments:
POSTED BY: Test Account
6 Replies
Posted 2 years ago

There should be (at least) one additional line of code:

poly:=...

I tryed to find it myself, but I couldn't:)

POSTED BY: Oliver Seipel

'poly' should be replaced by 'polygons'

POSTED BY: Sander Huisman
Posted 2 years ago

Yes, the definition of 'poly' was missing, corrected now. Thanks to both of you.

enter image description here -- you have earned Featured Contributor Badge enter image description here Your exceptional post has been selected for our editorial column Staff Picks http://wolfr.am/StaffPicks and Your Profile is now distinguished by a Featured Contributor Badge and is displayed on the Featured Contributor Board. Thank you!

POSTED BY: Moderation Team

Beautiful problem and solution, thanks for the demo and anniversary reminder! We also have have SpherePoints, that probably uses similar optimization methods (just guessing). And probably things like DelaunayMesh should help to find the polygons.

POSTED BY: Kapio Letto
Posted 2 years ago

DelaunayMesh for 3D are creating tetrahedrons. So, it is directly maybe not applicable to this. I will have to look into this further if we can find ways of using tetrahedrons and not triangles. But I suspect, that in the process of making it simple in the first section, if I would be making it more complicated in the subsequent sections. If I can make something useful, I will definitely share. Thanks for the idea!

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract