|
|
0 Replies
|
1 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Why is file structure in paclets different

I have a question regarding paclets. The functionality has improved so I want to start using paclets to install my toolbox. Locally I deploy my tools to the $BaseDirectory and from there I use CreatePacletArchive. If I install the created paclet it does not work.

When the package is in the BaseDirectory it needs this file structure to work, where I use the kernel/init.m to get the sub-packages. When I place the *.wl files in the kernel folder when loading the package from the $BaseDirectory it fails.

enter image description here

which works fine, it can be found and can be loaded as always.

If I create a paclet from the $BaseDirectory, remove the folder, install the paclet and try to load it fails.

However when I first copy all the *.wl files to the kernel folder (so in the same folder as the init file), then create the paclet, install it and load it works.

I can make it all work as I want and script all this, but I want to understand why.

So my question is why is the file structure for an installed packlet different than when placing the same code in the $BaseDirectory. Is there something I'm missing here? I took some digging to figure this out, and can't find any information why this is.

POSTED BY: Martijn Froeling
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract