Message Boards Message Boards

3D graphs are black (Mathematica 13.0 on RHEL 8.5)

I installed yesterday Mathematica 13.0 on my RHEL 8.5 laptop and all 3D graphs are now black regardless of the style I chose. Did anybody notice this? 12.3 works as expected. enter image description here

Edit1: I should have posted my screen shoot and I should have been little bit more accurate about my distro. I am actually using Springdale Linux historically the oldest custom Red Hat-based free clone created by members of the computing staff of ​Princeton University and the ​Institute for Advanced Study. I don't know why would that make a difference. For the record I run Openbox WM on the top of vanilla X11 server not the default Gnome on the top of the Wayland.

Edit2: I just notice that Mathematica 13.0 uses correct colors for 3D plots on a computing node also running Springdale Linux 8.5 (epsilon close to RHEL 8.5). The only difference between the laptop and the computing node is that I access the computing node via X2Go client. Whatever this is, it looks like the first step to debug would be to try using Wayland on my laptop instead of X11 and see if there is a difference.

Plot3D works ok on my RedHat 8.5. It is installed in VMWare environment though on my Windows 10 machine.

enter image description here

POSTED BY: Shenghui Yang
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract