Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
4 Replies
|
3 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

What is CodeParser`Private` context in Version v13.0?

Posted 2 years ago

Up to v12.3.1 statements outside any special context or Module like

v=7;
f[x_] := x^2

created variables and functions within the Global context. Now in v13.0 they are created in CodeParser`Private context. I could not find any explanation about that change. Neither in Wolfram Blog nor in Summary of changes.

By the way: Syntax coloring for global variables doesn't work anymore. They were blue as long as being undefined, then black. Now they stay blue since they are no longer within Global.

POSTED BY: Werner Geiger
4 Replies

Wild guess here. Had you aborted a computation prior to seeing the weird context issue?

POSTED BY: Daniel Lichtblau
Posted 2 years ago

Hello Daniel,

I don't remember if there was something special when that weird context issue appeared. I tried it again with aborting something before the code above. No problem occured. Still Global` context.

I think we can forget about this issue. It no longer occurs. Sorry for the confusion I have caused.

v = 7;
f[x_] := x^2
Context[v]
Context[f]

returns

Global`
Global`

exactly as in 12.3.1 version

POSTED BY: Konstantin Nosov
Posted 2 years ago

Hello Konstantin,

You are right. I am really irritated.

Today under v13.0 this looks like: enter image description here But yesterday some similar code (forget about its meaning, just look at contexts) looked like: enter image description here This was the reason for my original question.

I cannot reproduce this today. Now it looks like: enter image description here

I tried several things to reproduce that strange context CodeParser`Private`: Running v12.3.1 at the same time, with and without Wolfram logon, with and without internet connection. No chance. I cannot get it again.

Maybe there is some automatic software update implemented with v13?

I have a Wolfram|One license. this contains Wolfram desktop. I run it on a Windows 10 Thinkpad Laptop-PC.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract