2 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Some issues using the GTpack package

Posted 2 years ago

Hi all,

I'm currently learning and using the gtpack package, which is a Mathematica based Group Theory Package. However, I also encountered some problems in use, as follows:

(A). gtpack can't be reloaded repeatedly, even I've wiped the variables/functions and removed all the symbols from the kernel with the following commands, as commented here:

ClearAll[Evaluate[$Context<>"*"]];
    Remove[Evaluate[$Context<>"*"]];

Basically, I mean, if I try to run the following command sequences:

<< GroupTheory`;
ClearAll[Evaluate[$Context <> "*"]];
Remove[Evaluate[$Context <> "*"]];
<< GroupTheory`

The following error will be triggered:

Error: The axis label x already exists!
$Aborted

(B). As we all know, when a user enters a partial string at the beginning of a command, Mathematica can prompt the user for all possible candidate commands. But I can't see this feature for all commands/functions defined in gtpack package. Considering that there are many custom commands and function names in the package, this is very inconvenient for users. Therefore, I wonder if there is any way to achieve this.

(C). I've noticed that the complex represention of "SU(2)" matrix corresponding to the same O(3) element, for example, R(2Pi/3, (0,0,1)), has the following two different forms, as shown below:

enter image description here

Any hints for these differences and questions will be highly appreciated.

Regards

POSTED BY: Hongyi Zhao
2 Replies

Have you contacted the authors of the package? They will have the most familiarity with it.

POSTED BY: Daniel Lichtblau
Posted 2 years ago

I've already contacted the developer, but did not get any reply.

POSTED BY: Hongyi Zhao
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract