Message Boards Message Boards

Collaboration needed: optical flow for videos

We are a team studying on water flow of a river, we want to measure the velocity of the river flow using the optical flow method. for this purpose, we have prepared a video of the river. Now we need someone who has code writing skills. (Preferably in Mathematica).

If you have able and would like to know us and our idea, please let me know. also, the fee for coding can be paid.

7 Replies

Have you looked at the function ImageDisplacements ?

https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/ImageDisplacements.html.en

What have you tried?

POSTED BY: Sander Huisman

Thanks for introducing the reference. In this function can I use the video directly or should change it to images as input?

I believe images have to fed into it. Use https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/VideoExtractFrames.html to get some images from a video.

POSTED BY: Sander Huisman
Posted 2 years ago

Dear Sander,

Thank you so much for introducing this interesting function .

What kind of theory is behind the ImageDisplacements function? Is this the same well-known optical flow method?

Cheers,

POSTED BY: Alex Teymouri

It seems like an interesting function, absolutely I will try it. 

Amazing works that have been done using Mathematica, makes me eager to use it in my studying. so that I have started to learn Mathematica newly. That is why I am trying to find a friend to continue together. I emailed you an article about the optical flow method on a river. it makes me happy if you consider it please.

Regards.

Hi Shabnam,

Have you resolved this issue in your research? If not I am happy to help as I am also experimenting with optical flow to estimate motion of a surface. Please feel free to connect at nborwankar@gmail.com mentioning optical flow in Subject.

Cheers.

POSTED BY: Nitin Borwankar

Dear Nitin,

Thank you so much for your attention. I absolutely will connect with you in order to work together.

Sincerely.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract