Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
8 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

How to make a vector graphic of ListPointPlot3D?

Posted 2 years ago

Hello, In Mathematica, the graphics made by ListPointPlot3D can't be vector one. How should I get vector graphics from ListPointPlot3D?

a = ListPointPlot3D[{{1, 2, 3}, {2, 1, 3}, {2, 3, 1}} -> {55, 56, 57}, LabelingFunction -> Callout];Export["..\\a.pdf",a]

Which exports a non-vector graphic.

POSTED BY: Zhenyu Zeng
8 Replies

I preferred the old way too.

POSTED BY: Gianluca Gorni
Posted 1 year ago

I feel that the previous one is better, and I don't know how the Mathematica Company thinks about it.

Up to version 12.3.1 I was able to obtain pdf vector graphics by printing to a pdf file. But now, with version 13.1.0 even this way the output is rasterised.

POSTED BY: Domenico Galli

I think they meant formats for 3D design, not directly for illustration. I didn't pursue the matter.

Posted 2 years ago

I can't imagine what other export formats support vector 3d graphics better than pdf. I try eps but it is still the same.

I am very disappointed too. They switched to a new pdf framework, introducing many new pdf bugs. To make my pdf illustrations I must revert to 12.0.

For vector 3d graphics the technical help said that we can use other export formats, but I never tried.

Posted 2 years ago

This feature is important I feel. Why did Mathematica abolish it? Will it be resumed in the future?

The export to vector pdf of 3D graphics was abolished with version 12.1 of Mathematica. I keep a copy of 12.0 in working order for this and other purposes.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract