Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
3 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

How to pop up the box for entering file address?

Posted 1 year ago

Hello, I want to make an interface to do some calculations. In these calculations, I need to import some files. Each time, the file locations will be changed as different users use them. I am curious about several questions:

1. Can I make an executable program run on computers on which the Wolfram Engine is installed?
  2. When executing this programme, how to pop up a box by which the users can select the local files?
  3. I rarely see the instruction about making an interface by Mathematica. What's the reason? Does everyone use Mathematica just as a calculator?

Thanks

POSTED BY: Zhenyu Zeng
3 Replies

Hi Zhenyu

1. wolframscript can be used to execute a script file (.wls) containing WL code against a local or remote installation of the Wolfram Engine.
  2. In a notebook one can use SystemDialogInput["FileOpen"] to open a dialog box for the user to select a file. However, it (and many WL functions) require a frontend so it will fail when evaluated in a .wls file. If you need interactivity and visualization, take a look at CDF or the Wolfram Player.
  3. There are many ways to build a user interface using WL. The CDF link above has several examples. For details take a look at this.
POSTED BY: Rohit Namjoshi
Posted 1 year ago

Thanks for your kind reply. I will try them now.

Posted 1 year ago

Hello, This code

SystemDialogInput["FileOpen"]

can't be run in Wolfram Player.

Or did I not know how to run it?

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract