Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
4 Replies
|
1 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

How to create a point on a circle in Descarta2D?

Posted 1 year ago

I'm a begginer and I need to build a single point on a Circle in Descarta2D, but I don't know how. I tried to intersect a line and the circle and define the point formed, but also the Descarta2D gave an error. Can someone help and explain how can I do it?

POSTED BY: Ale Alexa
4 Replies
Posted 1 year ago

Are you required to use Descarta2D? A quick search makes me think it's probably defunct or at least not supported in recent versions of Mathematica.

The basic, built-in graphics capabilities of Mathematica can easily show points, circles, and lines. If you can be more specific about what you want to see, I'm sure someone can help.

POSTED BY: Eric Rimbey
Posted 1 year ago

Normally, I need to prove Simson line theorem in Descarta2D, it's like a homework for my college, so I will show you how I thought to solve it in a draw. What I don't know how to do in Descarta2D is how to create the P point. As you see, I want to intersect the segment AA1 with the circle to get the point P. How can I do it in Descarta2D (I have version 6.0 of Mathematica) enter image description here

Posted 1 year ago

I'm using Mathematica version 13.1. I don't have Descarta2D. I'm not going to install Descarta2D, and I am not going to install version 6 of Mathematica. If you want guidance on how to do this in "vanilla" Mathematica (i.e. without Descarta2D), then I can provide guidance, but there may be slight adjustments required to be compatible with V6. Otherwise we'll just hope someone else on this forum has the necessary prerequisites installed to be able to help you.

Not directly related, but does your college provide Mathematica licenses to students or some computer lab where you can use Mathematica? If so, you can use a newer version of Mathematica. Or you can upgrade at student prices.

Also not directly related, but I'm very surprised that your school is requiring you to use such an old add-on. Are you really sure that you're being required to use Descarta2D?

POSTED BY: Eric Rimbey
Posted 1 year ago

Thank you for answering me, and yes in my college and all the high schools in my country we learn from old books or old computer programs, so I do not like it either.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract