Message Boards Message Boards

How can I change the cell with the paclet installation code

Posted 1 year ago

Hi community!

I'm developing a paclet that I want to deploy to the Wolfram Language Paclet Repository. By default, after I publish a paclet, a cell with installation code is automatically created on the main page of the paclet, as in the example below:

enter image description here

What needs to be done in the project in order to change this cell? For example, I want to add a line there with import and installation of dependencies. How was it done herŅƒ:

enter image description here

POSTED BY: Kirill Belov
3 Replies

I added the Needs line to your other paclets as well. But yes, in the future you can use the feedback form on the web to ask about things like this.

We don't plan to support changing the PacletInstall code at the top of the paclet webpage. The plan for the next release is to allow developers to determine whether or not there is a Needs line and what context is loaded by the Needs line.

You can always add additional set up code to the top of the examples if you need to.

POSTED BY: Bob Sandheinrich

We added the Needs line to that paclet for you.

We plan to have a feature in the next Wolfram Language release that will give developers control of that Needs line from the definition notebook. Until that is available, the administrators are adding them periodically when they seem obviously appropriate for the paclet.

It will remain there even if you update the paclet.

POSTED BY: Bob Sandheinrich
Posted 1 year ago

Thanks a lot Bob! Can I write to the Repository team using the standard form on the site if I want to change the import cell in other packages?

POSTED BY: Kirill Belov
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract