Message Boards Message Boards

Why is DrawingTools.nb missing?

Posted 1 year ago

I am using Mathematica 13.2.1.0 Home Edition running on Windows 10. It has come to my attention that Drawing Tools is missing from my installation. When attempting to launch drawing tools from a plot window the following message pops up: The file "C:\Program Files\Wolfram Research\Mathematica\13.2\SystemFiles\Components\Twilio\FrontEnd\SystemResources\DrawingTools.nb" could not be found. Also, the Drawing Tools palette is missing from the Palettes menu and from the Graphics pulldown.

Should Drawing Tools be part of the Home Edition version of Mathematica?

Thank you for any comments and/or suggestions regarding this issue.

POSTED BY: Jack Mandelman
11 Replies
Posted 1 year ago

Okay. I see some of those features now. I'll take some time to try and figure out this new interface.

POSTED BY: Jon Joseph
Posted 1 year ago

That toolbar is missing many of the functions in the original graphics tools. For example, changing line color, opacity and thickness are not available on that toolbar. I'll emphasize that Wolfram has verified the tool is missing.

Hi Jack,

convert Graphics to a Canvas

Image[ Plot[x,{x,0,1}]]

click on the graphics.

The toolbar pops up under the image.

From there its like navigating in typical windows labyrinth of menu trees. But with some intuiton and graphics experience (fro me best from working with Adobe Illustrator) everything can be done.

Deep image analysis applying different filter families can be reached via the more... button.

Regards Roland

POSTED BY: Roland Franzius

The DrawingTools palette was replaced by the inline tools available to Canvas. In 13.2, it was removed from the layout. The current method is just select the graphic you want to modify, hit Ctrl+D (Graphics > Convert to/from Canvas), and that will summon the interface.

POSTED BY: Ian Hojnicki
Posted 1 year ago

This does not work, at least not on a Mac where you ctrl T to hot key the comvert To /From canvas. I have an email back from the company that does indeed verify the graphic tools are missing in this version. Waiting on more information.

Ctrl+T works fine for me on "13.2.1 for Mac OS X ARM (64-bit) (January 27, 2023)".

POSTED BY: Rohit Namjoshi

Jon, I haven't received any info regarding this issue. Strange that it hasn't been comment upon by others.

Jon, Thank you for bringing the question to the forefront again. I haven't received any answer or comments to this issue.

Hopefully someone would chime in.

After further thought, absence of Drawing Tools is not an issue for me. I can export the plot and import into a drawing program for annotation.

Posted 1 year ago

I'd still like an answer to this question. It is also missing for me and I'd like to use it.

Posted 1 year ago

Mathematica: 13.2.1 Plot[x^2, {x, 0, 1}]

On MacOS 13.2.1: Tap with 2 fingers and get menu with item: "Convert To/From Canvas" and you get this with the familiar graphics toolbar at the bottom:

enter image description here

POSTED BY: Erik Mahieu
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract