Message Boards Message Boards

SpTm: package for Differential Geometry and General Relativity calculations

Attachments:
POSTED BY: Bowen Ping
5 Replies

Thank you for this helpful package! it helped me a lot. Is there is a possibility to add to your package, or alternatively use your results and write a different code to calculate the Kretschmann scalar which is given by:

K = R_{abcd}R^{abcd}

Where R_{abcd} is the Riemann tensor which obtained by:

R_{abcd}=g_{ce}R_{abd}^{e}

Hi Daniel,

I'm gald that my package can help you!

As for your question, in this package, you can write the expresssion explicitly to calculate as following:

Here I use Schwarzschild metric as an example. The function STCalcComponents is the latest version of the function STSpecify in the post above. Please download the latest package in the GitHub: SpTm if you need.

There is another package I wrote for better tensor computations - STensor | Wolfram Language Paclet Repository. It provides more convenient interface for you to compute tensor expression. In this paclet, we can caclulate the same Kretschmann scalar as following:

Personally, I prefer the second package - where tensor becomes something as integer and complex number in Mathematica. We can set its value to symbol and do computation. There is a guide documentation for each function just as built-in function. PacletInstall and Needs will handle everything and we do not need to worry about placing the files correctly.

These two packages are not complete. I will add more functions in it in the future. The Kretschmann scalar will be on the list. Thank you for your helpful advice! :)

Excellent! Looking forward to more contributions. You might want to take a look at Wolfram Paclet Repository for hosting your packages and their docs:

POSTED BY: Vitaliy Kaurov

Thanks for your attention, sir!

I'm still a learner about both General Relativity and Mathematica. I'm going to learn more knowledge and make my package perfect.

And I'm learning to using more Wolfram techniques. I'm going to try Wolfram Paclet Repository to host my package.

Best Regards.

enter image description here -- you have earned Featured Contributor Badge enter image description here Your exceptional post has been selected for our editorial column Staff Picks http://wolfr.am/StaffPicks and Your Profile is now distinguished by a Featured Contributor Badge and is displayed on the Featured Contributor Board. Thank you!

POSTED BY: Moderation Team
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract